Friday, July 30, 2010

in my mind's eye...

I recently wrote out a little of the story of my personal journey. I've "been there, got the XL t-shirt" to prove it... I'm excited by the news that follows, and want to share it with others. Feel free to forward it to anyone you think could be helped by it.

1978
In my mind's eye, I always pictured myself looking much as I did in my late teens.
2003

As is all too common these days, once I stopped growing up, I continued growing out. The looking glass revealed the truth of what others saw when they pictured me.

In addition to the way I looked and felt, as I approached my fiftieth birthday, my doctor started using obscenities whenever I saw him. The language that came out of his mouth was shocking! Words like obese. Prediabetic. High cholesterol...

Early this year, I decided that "pretending" to watch my diet and trying to convince myself that I was "exercising" and "working" on losing weight was never going to bring about anything approaching optimum health. And that's what I decided I want — optimum health, for the rest of my life. It's not enough to merely "survive" — I want to thrive!

Knowing that diets by themselves rarely work long term, I needed something more. I looked for a program which could help me lose weight and also teach me how to maintain the loss for a lifetime. Something which is easy and fool proof. Something which doesn't require a huge time investment or complicated food preparation, while helping me learn more about nutrition and proper food choices.


July 2010
I found a comprehensive program which has exceeded all my requirements.

I lost 73 pounds and 10 inches off my waist in 23 weeks. After losing another 18 pounds (down to a 32" waist, from 46"), I am now at my optimal weight. I have more energy and feel better than I have in decades.

Now my doctor looks at me with amazement and sweet talks me, saying things like, "Cut your cholesterol meds in half. You no longer need diabetes medicine at all."

I've begun working with a health coach, to learn how to help others who are looking for a safe, effective and easy solution to become healthier.


July 2010
The program I'm using is very easy, requires little time, and I've had no hunger pangs whatsoever. Learning the habits of health, I know I'll be able to maintain these results for the rest of my life.

Do you know anyone who is trying to manage their weight and might be interested in learning more about this program? If you do, would you please forward them this blog post, and encourage them to get in touch? I'd really appreciate it, and so will they.

To your health!

John

(443) 750-8684
http://baltimorejohn.tsfl.com/
http://johnsoptimalhealth.blogspot.com/

10/9/2010 UPDATE:
Not only am I no longer diabetic, my cholesterol is now low enough that I'm off THAT Rx medicine, too! Call or email me for details on how I did this, using a simple nutrition program.



As of 9/28/2010: 
A1C glucose level: 5.2     
Total Cholesterol: 133; HDL: 67; LDL 57


No comments:

Post a Comment